Though we have 14,000 titles in the store, we sometimes don't have what you need right on the shelf, but special ordering a book with us is very simple.
Here are some things to know about special orders:
- We order from several different national distributors, so if it's in print it's very likely we can get it for you.
- Your order will almost always come with our normal store order, so there are usually no shipping charges.
- Most books will arrive in the store in just 1 or 2 days (some have to come from a further away warehouse, but that only takes 7 to 10 days).
- If you place an order online and choose the "In-Store Pick-Up" option, there's no need to pre-pay and no shipping charge Simply wait for a phone call from us letting you know that the book is in. Please do not rush down to the store expecting your book to be here (we have to either find it in the store or order it for you)
- Most books are returnable. If the book arrives and it's not what you want, you don't have to buy it.
- There is never a charge for a special order unless it is an out-of-print/hard-to-find title, or a title that is non-returnable. These titles are rare.
- We hold your special order for up to two weeks. We give you a weekly call to remind you it's here. We can always hold books longer, just let us know what you need.
- We're happy to place pre-orders for books that aren't out yet. Then we'll call you when the book is released.
- If a title is out of stock with our distributor (maybe it's a small press, or maybe Oprah or the New York Times mentioned it), we can place a Backorder for you. When the book is back in stock, we'll get one in right away and call you.
- We are a full service bookstore, and have great relationships with many publishers. We can special order books directly from publishers if they are not available at any of the distributors.
- Sometimes titles are self-published by authors and are harder for us to acquire. Be assured that every title gets our complete efforts in locating it.